Former stripper testifies murder suspect Christopher Vaughn told her he was going to leave wife
September 4, 2012 (JOLIET, Ill.) (WLS) -- Testimony continued Tuesday in the Christopher Vaughn murder trial. The Oswego father is accused of killing his wife and three children.
A former stripper told jurors that Vaughn once told her he was going to leave his wife.
Maya Drake, the first witness of the day, testified for the prosecution as Christopher Vaughn looked on. Drake said she called police after recognizing Vaughn's name and face after his arrest. Vaughn, she said, was a frequent client at a Near North strip club who paid to talk camping and poetry with her. Drake testified that Vaughn was unhappy in his marriage and planned on leaving his wife to live in the Canadian wilderness."He said she was going to get everything," Drake testified. "He said she was going to get what she deserved. She wasn't going to see it coming."
Vaughn is on trial for the fatal shootings of his wife Kimberly and his three children, Abigayle, Cassandra and Blake, in June 2007. Vaughn maintains that Kimberly shot the children and then killed herself in the family's SUV near Channahon.
Introduced into evidence Tuesday were a series of boxes and duffle bags belonging to Vaughn which were recovered from a public storage locker. The contents were camping gear and clothing.
Prosecutors also introduced writings recovered from Vaughn's cell. Excerpts read aloud in court contain poetry and a diary of Vaughn's everyday life in jail, but no mention of his dead wife or children.
local, michelle gallardo
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer