Woman says 3 men stole phone in River North salon
September 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago woman is trying to warn others to beware after her phone was stolen by three men soliciting donations at a nail salon.
The business is located in the 600-block of North Dearborn. The woman, who only wants to be known by her first name, Sam, says her head was down while she was getting a massage late Saturday afternoon. Three men walked in and asked for donations. Sam says she felt someone next to her, looked up and says the men had taken off with her phone.
"To have these individuals walk in when I was, like, unarmed, unaware, nothing was said, nothing was done, is a very scary and dangerous situation," she said.
Chicago police say the men fled in a brown van with temporary license plates.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos