Jesse Jackson Jr. out of Mayo Clinic, at home with family in Washington, DC
September 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. has left the Mayo Clinic and is at home in the nation's capital with his family, ABC7 News confirmed Friday.
Jackson's chief of staff Rick Bryant tells ABC7: ''He's home with his wife and children and he's convalescing."
The 47-year-old Jackson was treated for bipolar depression at the clinic this summer.
Jackson began a medical leave of absence June 10.
A spokesperson says he is hopeful that Congressman Jackson Jr. will be back at work Monday when Congress resumes after a five-week recess.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking