Jesse Jackson Jr. out of Mayo Clinic, at home with family in Washington, DC
September 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. has left the Mayo Clinic and is at home in the nation's capital with his family, ABC7 News confirmed Friday.
Jackson's chief of staff Rick Bryant tells ABC7: ''He's home with his wife and children and he's convalescing."
The 47-year-old Jackson was treated for bipolar depression at the clinic this summer.
Jackson began a medical leave of absence June 10.
A spokesperson says he is hopeful that Congressman Jackson Jr. will be back at work Monday when Congress resumes after a five-week recess.
- LSD reopens after suspicious package investigated 14 min ago
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached 56 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos