Ex-Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell's horses on sale
September 7, 2012 (DIXON, Ill.) (WLS) -- A government auction of horses that once belonged to a former public official now charged with stealing millions of dollars began Friday.
Rita Crundwell is accused of embezzling more than $30 million since 2006 from the village of Dixon.
Prosecutors say she used the money to fund an extravagant lifestyle that included breeding horses. She was one of the leading breeders in the country.
Ninety three of her Quarter horses are being sold in an online auction. A live auction of more than 300 other horses takes place later this month in Dixon.
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting 5 min ago
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season 30 min ago
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 58 min ago
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
58 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
5 min ago
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel...
30 min ago