Ex-Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell's horses on sale
September 7, 2012 (DIXON, Ill.) (WLS) -- A government auction of horses that once belonged to a former public official now charged with stealing millions of dollars began Friday.
Rita Crundwell is accused of embezzling more than $30 million since 2006 from the village of Dixon.
Prosecutors say she used the money to fund an extravagant lifestyle that included breeding horses. She was one of the leading breeders in the country.
Ninety three of her Quarter horses are being sold in an online auction. A live auction of more than 300 other horses takes place later this month in Dixon.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 42 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 51 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013 39 min ago
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods 56 min ago
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days 1 min ago
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon 52 min ago
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
51 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop...
42 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos