1 stabbed at high school football game between Simeon and Morgan Park
September 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- At least one person was stabbed after a huge fight broke out at a high school football game in Chicago.
The game between Simeon and Morgan Park high schools was being played Friday night at Gatley Stadium near 103rd Street and Cottage Grove. It was called off in the third quarter due to a large disturbance in the stands.
Police say someone may have flashed a gun, but no shots were fired. Although, some witnesses report seeing flashes of light in the stands, and that started a panic.
" There was some young student that displayed a gun on the Morgan Park side, and I guess, once they discovered that, that started the reaction from students bum rushing and running each other over trying to get out of the park," said parent volunteer Stanley Jones.
The stabbing victim was taken to Roseland Community Hospital. His age and condition had not been released Saturday morning.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos