1 stabbed at high school football game between Simeon and Morgan Park
September 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- At least one person was stabbed after a huge fight broke out at a high school football game in Chicago.
The game between Simeon and Morgan Park high schools was being played Friday night at Gatley Stadium near 103rd Street and Cottage Grove. It was called off in the third quarter due to a large disturbance in the stands.
Police say someone may have flashed a gun, but no shots were fired. Although, some witnesses report seeing flashes of light in the stands, and that started a panic.
" There was some young student that displayed a gun on the Morgan Park side, and I guess, once they discovered that, that started the reaction from students bum rushing and running each other over trying to get out of the park," said parent volunteer Stanley Jones.
The stabbing victim was taken to Roseland Community Hospital. His age and condition had not been released Saturday morning.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Flight delays, cancellations at O'Hare, Midway
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 2 bodies found in trunk of car in West Englewood
- How much money will be saved by school closures?
- Lombard man charged with threatening Glenbard East High School 18 min ago
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 50 injured when 4 school buses crash in Indiana 3 min ago
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
- I-Team: Morgue donates bodies without...
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos