Northwest Side mom charged after baby girl drowns
September 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago mother was charged in connection with the apparent drowning death of her 2-month-old daughter.
Dorota Duda, 30, was set to appear in bond court Saturday to face one count of involuntary manslaughter.
Authorities say Duda called police Wednesday to her home in the 2800-block of North Nagle. Her baby girl, Julia, was found unresponsive.
The medical examiner says the child died from an apparent drowning.
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- Hawks fans anxiously awaited OT goal, tied series
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in Game 4 OT, tie series 2-2
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit