Child, 2, airlifted to hospital after car hits Metra train in Elgin; 3 others hurt
September 9, 2012 (ELGIN, Ill.) (WLS) -- A family was injured after their car collided with a Metra train in Elgin over the weekend.
Investigators say the car struck a guardrail, then careened onto the tracks and collided with the train.
A father, mother and their two young children were hurt. A 2-year-old was flown by helicopter to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge.
The others were taken to Sherman and Provena St. Joseph hospitals in Elgin.
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead 56 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured 55 min ago
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe 22 min ago
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths 51 min ago
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs 50 min ago
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest 54 min ago
- Styrofoam product ban proposed in Chicago
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Settlement reached after lottery winner's...
34 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
56 min ago