Dad, 20, charged after crashing family car into Metra train
September 10, 2012 (ELGIN, Ill.) (WLS) -- A family was injured after their car collided with a Metra train in Elgin.
Investigators say the car, driven by 20-year-old Pedro Bustamante, struck a guardrail, then careened onto the tracks and collided with the train.
Bustamante's wife and their two young children were injured. His 2-year-old was flown by helicopter to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge.
He faces multiple charges in the crash, including driving too fast for conditions, no valid driver's license, no insurance, a zero tolerance DUI charge after police say they believe he had alcohol in his system, and driving an uninsured vehicle/causing bodily harm.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 23 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 6 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago 14 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be 'breakthrough year' for US 58 min ago
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores 48 min ago
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing 48 min ago
- Horse escapes, gallops down Old Town streets
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears 22 min ago
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago 35 min ago
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
6 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos