Dad, 20, charged after crashing family car into Metra train
September 10, 2012 (ELGIN, Ill.) (WLS) -- A family was injured after their car collided with a Metra train in Elgin.
Investigators say the car, driven by 20-year-old Pedro Bustamante, struck a guardrail, then careened onto the tracks and collided with the train.
Bustamante's wife and their two young children were injured. His 2-year-old was flown by helicopter to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge.
He faces multiple charges in the crash, including driving too fast for conditions, no valid driver's license, no insurance, a zero tolerance DUI charge after police say they believe he had alcohol in his system, and driving an uninsured vehicle/causing bodily harm.
- 4 schools to be saved from CPS closings vote 3 min ago
- Man linked to Boston bomber shot, killed by FBI 10 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting
- I-Team: Illinois schools lack tornado 'safe rooms'
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- 7 in :77
13 min ago
- 4 schools to be saved from CPS closings vote
3 min ago