Chicago charter schools not impacted by CPS teachers strike
September 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Charter schools in Chicago are not impacted by the strike.
- CPS.edu/childrenfirst: 144 sites open to children during the teachers strike
The strike poses a unique challenge for Urban College Prep in Englewood. The charter school's 550 students share the building with a school shuttered by the teacher strike.
"We actually don't know what we should expect during this, so it's new to us, and we're learning as we're moving along," said Urban Prep's Tim King. "We're remaining focused on educating our students."
It's truly uncharted territory for many of Chicago's charter schools. They are trying to keep things going as normally as possible. Their teachers are not affected by the strike because they are not CTU members.
local, evelyn holmes
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead 46 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine 25 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 13 min ago
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
13 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
46 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe...
25 min ago