Chicago charter schools not impacted by CPS teachers strike
September 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Charter schools in Chicago are not impacted by the strike.
- CPS.edu/childrenfirst: 144 sites open to children during the teachers strike
The strike poses a unique challenge for Urban College Prep in Englewood. The charter school's 550 students share the building with a school shuttered by the teacher strike.
"We actually don't know what we should expect during this, so it's new to us, and we're learning as we're moving along," said Urban Prep's Tim King. "We're remaining focused on educating our students."
It's truly uncharted territory for many of Chicago's charter schools. They are trying to keep things going as normally as possible. Their teachers are not affected by the strike because they are not CTU members.
local, evelyn holmes
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan 52 min ago
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed 47 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Ind. man allegedly took assault weapon on NJ-Chicago flight
- South Side fire latest in suspicious string 45 min ago
- Mom of 3 fatally shot hours after Gary hospital altercation
- Emanuel: CPS graduation rate on-track to reach 82 percent in 2014
- Unconscious man found near Metra-Union Pacific tracks in Glencoe
- Wyoming explosion prompts evacuation of Opal, town of 95
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal
- Man charged after car chase, Roseland bus stop crash
- Russell Wilson divorce from wife Ashton Russell announced
- AAPL shareholders to see Apple stock split
- ABC7 to Go
50 min ago
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
19 min ago
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square...
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos