Thousands of teachers rally in downtown Chicago
September 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Thousands of Chicago Public School teachers are rallying outside the school board headquarters in the Loop. They are on Clark Street between Madison and Adams.
The teachers walked off the job Monday morning after months of negotiations failed to resolve a contract dispute with CPS officials by the midnight deadline.
Negotiations continue between CPS and CTU officials at Jackson and Wacker.
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos