CPS sports canceled after IHSA denies waiver
September 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- All Chicago public school student-athletes will remain on the sideline for the duration of the teachers strike.
That includes football, which began its season two weeks ago.
School officials asked the Illinois High School Association for a waiver that would have allowed student-athletes to continue playing and practicing during the walkout.
The request was denied late Monday.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 6 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 17 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 48 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 3 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin 27 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 54 min ago
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
3 min ago