Trial date tentatively set for suspect in Nova Henry murder
September 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A trial date was tentatively set in the 2009 murder of Nova Henry and her young daughter, Ava.
Henry's ex-boyfriend, Fredrick Goings, is accused of fatally shooting the 24-year-old woman and her 9-month-old daughter in January 2009. Henry's son, Noah, was not injured. The boy's father is basketball player Eddy Curry.
During a status hearing on September 10, 2012, Goings' trial date was tentatively set for October 26. He will appear in court for another status hearing on September 25.
Goings was Henry's attorney.
Curry once played for the Chicago Bulls and was a Thornwood High School standout.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos