Trial date tentatively set for suspect in Nova Henry murder
September 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A trial date was tentatively set in the 2009 murder of Nova Henry and her young daughter, Ava.
Henry's ex-boyfriend, Fredrick Goings, is accused of fatally shooting the 24-year-old woman and her 9-month-old daughter in January 2009. Henry's son, Noah, was not injured. The boy's father is basketball player Eddy Curry.
During a status hearing on September 10, 2012, Goings' trial date was tentatively set for October 26. He will appear in court for another status hearing on September 25.
Goings was Henry's attorney.
Curry once played for the Chicago Bulls and was a Thornwood High School standout.
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover 15 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- London theater balcony believed to have collapsed 1 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40 million accounts 46 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus