Trial date tentatively set for suspect in Nova Henry murder
September 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A trial date was tentatively set in the 2009 murder of Nova Henry and her young daughter, Ava.
Henry's ex-boyfriend, Fredrick Goings, is accused of fatally shooting the 24-year-old woman and her 9-month-old daughter in January 2009. Henry's son, Noah, was not injured. The boy's father is basketball player Eddy Curry.
During a status hearing on September 10, 2012, Goings' trial date was tentatively set for October 26. He will appear in court for another status hearing on September 25.
Goings was Henry's attorney.
Curry once played for the Chicago Bulls and was a Thornwood High School standout.
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 30 min ago
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot 43 min ago
- Woman killed, 4 critically injured in Far South Side crash
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
30 min ago
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side...
17 min ago
- CTA Red Line reconstruction officially...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos