Trial date tentatively set for suspect in Nova Henry murder
September 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A trial date was tentatively set in the 2009 murder of Nova Henry and her young daughter, Ava.
Henry's ex-boyfriend, Fredrick Goings, is accused of fatally shooting the 24-year-old woman and her 9-month-old daughter in January 2009. Henry's son, Noah, was not injured. The boy's father is basketball player Eddy Curry.
During a status hearing on September 10, 2012, Goings' trial date was tentatively set for October 26. He will appear in court for another status hearing on September 25.
Goings was Henry's attorney.
Curry once played for the Chicago Bulls and was a Thornwood High School standout.
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal 6 min ago
- Exclusive: Boy 'on alert' after surviving pit bull attack
- Judge orders day care worker released from jail
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Religious display vandalized at Daley Plaza
- Sites suggested for George Lucas museum in Chicago
- Ravinia tickets on sale Thursday for 2014 concert season
- NTSB head calls for rail tank car changes
- Wortham lawsuit settled with Mississippi gun dealer
- Summer Infant recalls 800K baby monitors
- Divvy passes 1 million trip milestone in 9 months
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game