Bond increased for teen accused in 5-year-old's death
September 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- New bond conditions were set Tuesday for the teenager charged in the death of a 5-year-old girl.
A visitation and funeral was held for Jaclyn Santos Sacramento Tuesday morning. Family and friends gathered in north suburban Highwood to pay their respects. The girl died last week after she was hit by a car allegedly driven by Carly Rousso, 18.
Rousso was cited for driving under the influence. She appeared before a Lake County judge Tuesday who increased her bond to $50,000 and modified some bond conditions.
Rousso is accused of driving onto the sidewalk on Labor Day in the 700-block of Central Avenue in Highland Park, striking the 5-year-old, her mother and her two brothers. The younger brothers were treated and released the day of the accident.
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side church
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Woman killed, 4 critically injured in Far South Side crash
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos