Ex-cop convicted in fatal Dan Ryan DUI crash
September 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A former Chicago police detective awaits sentencing after being convicted in a crash that killed two young men on the Dan Ryan expressway three years ago.
A judge on Monday ruled that then off-duty Detective Joseph Frugoli was guilty of leaving the scene of the fiery crash that killed 23-year-old Andrew Cazares and 21-year- old Fausto Manzera.
Frugoli pleaded guilty last week to aggravated DUI charges in connection with the crash.
A sentencing date has not been set.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 38 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island 57 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school 20 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
38 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos