Ex-cop convicted in fatal Dan Ryan DUI crash
September 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A former Chicago police detective awaits sentencing after being convicted in a crash that killed two young men on the Dan Ryan expressway three years ago.
A judge on Monday ruled that then off-duty Detective Joseph Frugoli was guilty of leaving the scene of the fiery crash that killed 23-year-old Andrew Cazares and 21-year- old Fausto Manzera.
Frugoli pleaded guilty last week to aggravated DUI charges in connection with the crash.
A sentencing date has not been set.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos