Mom, 15-month-old girl shot in Back of the Yards
September 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 15-month-old is the latest victim of violence in Chicago.
The child and her mother were hit by gunfire Tuesday night while standing outside with a group in the Back of the Yards neighborhood in the 4500-block of South Paulina.
Their wounds are not thought to be life threatening. Police are looking for the shooter.
The 22-year-old woman was shot in the arm. Her daughter suffered a graze wound to the leg.
Police say the gunman was riding a bicycle. No one is in custody.
- Winning Powerball numbers announced
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Coast Guard reminding boaters of maritime safety
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin