4-truck collision causes 9-mile WB Borman backup
September 12, 2012 (HAMMOND, Ind.) (WLS) -- A crash Wednesday morning in northwest Indiana on westbound I-80/94 at Kennedy Avenue closed three lanes for three hours and backed up traffic nine miles to I-65.
Four semis and a pickup were involved around 7 a.m. One semi is a double-bottom.
The four semis were involved in a chain-reaction crash, mostly for failure to slow down or stop after the first semi stopped.
The fourth semi involved also pinned a GMC pickup driven by a 29-year-old Hammond woman against a concrete barrier. She sustained non-life-threatening injuries, but her pickup was totaled.
A 58-year-old truck driver from Wisconsin and 32-year-old truck driver from Georgia were cited for following to closely.
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- 'Sexting' ends Evanston HS baseball season early
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos