Ex-Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell's horses auctioned, net more than $1 million
September 12, 2012 (DIXON, Ill.) (WLS) -- An online auction of 48 horses belonging to former Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell netted more than $1 million.
Crundwell is accused of misappropriating more than $53 million in city funds.
Crundwell owned a herd of 401 horses -- now under the care of US Marshals.
The auction of an additional 41 horses ends Wednesday.
- Spring-like day followed by snow 32 min ago
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial 47 min ago
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket 34 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 21 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking 56 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 43 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Photos: Semi overturns, dumps beads on Tri-State
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
21 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
32 min ago
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
47 min ago