Teachers rally shuts down part of Mich. Avenue; buses rerouted
September 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago public school teachers gathered at the Hyatt Regency at 151 East Wacker Thursday afternoon and began marching down Michigan Avenue to Congress.
The teachers were heading south in the northbound lanes of Michigan Avenue. Their march and rally shut down the street and drivers were advised to avoid that area.
Because of the rally, the CTA is rerouting buses 134,135,136 and not travelling on East Wacker Drive. The number 60 bus will go only as far as Madison and Michigan.
Watch ABC7 News for the latest developments.
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square 30 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway 54 min ago
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan 36 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed 46 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
30 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
54 min ago
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
36 min ago