Pastor Corey Brooks halts walk to bury Englewood rapper killed in shooting
September 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Pastor Corey Brooks has halted his walk across the United States Friday in order to officiate the funeral of a young rapper shot to death earlier this week in the Englewood neighborhood.
Brooks says the death of 18-year-old Joseph Coleman, also known as "Lil Jojo," has sparked threats of retaliatory violence.
Brooks is the man who lived atop an abandoned hotel to raise money to have it turned into a South Side community center.
He says he hopes to quell the tension while comforting Coleman's family.
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 15 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 7 in :77
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos