Pastor Corey Brooks halts walk to bury Englewood rapper killed in shooting
September 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Pastor Corey Brooks has halted his walk across the United States Friday in order to officiate the funeral of a young rapper shot to death earlier this week in the Englewood neighborhood.
Brooks says the death of 18-year-old Joseph Coleman, also known as "Lil Jojo," has sparked threats of retaliatory violence.
Brooks is the man who lived atop an abandoned hotel to raise money to have it turned into a South Side community center.
He says he hopes to quell the tension while comforting Coleman's family.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 18 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- Dominick's offers more discounts as stores close 10 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets 40 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
33 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos