Lake Forest school district: Students must return to class Monday with or without teachers
September 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- As the teachers strike continues on north suburban Lake Forest, the school board is taking hard line approach.
Even if their teachers strike continues into Monday, all students are expected to attend school.
An announcement from the school district to parents Friday indicated a day of classes will be offered Monday at the regular school times. Attendance will also be taken.
Student athletes will also be expected to resume practice.
Striking teachers picketed for the third day of their strike Friday even while talks continued.
A union spokesperson confirms they have filed a complaint with the state labor relations board, charging the school district with negotiating in bad faith.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand