Lake Forest school district: Students must return to class Monday with or without teachers
September 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- As the teachers strike continues on north suburban Lake Forest, the school board is taking hard line approach.
Even if their teachers strike continues into Monday, all students are expected to attend school.
An announcement from the school district to parents Friday indicated a day of classes will be offered Monday at the regular school times. Attendance will also be taken.
Student athletes will also be expected to resume practice.
Striking teachers picketed for the third day of their strike Friday even while talks continued.
A union spokesperson confirms they have filed a complaint with the state labor relations board, charging the school district with negotiating in bad faith.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 13 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Miley Cyrus, 'Bangerz' tour stops in Chicago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD