Man dies after falling on electrified rail at Loyola Red Line station
September 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 21-year-old man died after falling onto an electrified rail of the CTA Red Line on Chicago's Far North Side.
It appears the man was standing near the edge of the northbound platform at the Loyola station and fell off, but authorities say they do not know why.
The incident occurred overnight and halted trains in that area for approximately one hour.
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Friends, family of murder victim pray to end the violence
- Pets from Oklahoma shelter headed to Chicago for adoption
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in McHenry County
- Man charged for arson, burglary of $1.5 million boat
- FEMA teams look for flood damage on South Side
- Jackson, Rainbow PUSH Coalition criticize school closings
- Notre Dame QB Golson no longer enrolled at school
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos