Man dies after falling on electrified rail at Loyola Red Line station
September 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 21-year-old man died after falling onto an electrified rail of the CTA Red Line on Chicago's Far North Side.
It appears the man was standing near the edge of the northbound platform at the Loyola station and fell off, but authorities say they do not know why.
The incident occurred overnight and halted trains in that area for approximately one hour.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill 17 min ago
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Officials try to ID body near missing woman's home
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery 9 min ago
- CTA Red Line resumes service 47th to 95th/Dan Ryan
- No injuries at South Side high-rise fire
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Wonder Lake man charged with sexually abusing juvenile
- 'Blues Brothers' mall chase recreated with...
- Paul Konerko signs White Sox 1-year extension
- Will County workers reach strike-ending deal
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen