Cardinal George updates cancer battle
September 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Francis Cardinal George gave church parishioners an update on his battle with cancer on Saturday.
He led a mass of atonement and hope at Holy Family Catholic Church.
At the end of the service Cardinal George thanked parishioners for their prayers and spoke about his recent chemotherapy.
He said that he would not attend two events following the mass because his treatments have weakened his immune system.
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Last-minute fortune seekers buy Powerball tickets
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Five arrested after 'mob' reports near Michigan Avenue 54 min ago
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Injuries in suburban shootings Friday night
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin