Cardinal George updates cancer battle
September 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Francis Cardinal George gave church parishioners an update on his battle with cancer on Saturday.
He led a mass of atonement and hope at Holy Family Catholic Church.
At the end of the service Cardinal George thanked parishioners for their prayers and spoke about his recent chemotherapy.
He said that he would not attend two events following the mass because his treatments have weakened his immune system.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school 59 min ago
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Michael Jordan shoes from Finals sell for $104K
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party 51 min ago
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun...
59 min ago
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
54 min ago