Cardinal George updates cancer battle
September 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Francis Cardinal George gave church parishioners an update on his battle with cancer on Saturday.
He led a mass of atonement and hope at Holy Family Catholic Church.
At the end of the service Cardinal George thanked parishioners for their prayers and spoke about his recent chemotherapy.
He said that he would not attend two events following the mass because his treatments have weakened his immune system.
- Riverdale body, Chicago missing girl case merge, police say 14 min ago
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Unclaimed items auctioned off by treasurer's office
- Gary Bettenhausen, race car driver, dead at 72 4 min ago
- Kevin Trudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Train incident stops Metra at Grayslake during morning commute
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- Riverdale body, Chicago missing girl case...
14 min ago