Mexican independence celebrated in annual parade
September 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel served as Grand Marshal for this year's Mexican Independence Day Parade.
The parade featured floats, bands, dancers and colorful costumes.
The annual parade has been held downtown since 1969 to remember the country's war for independence.
It's also a celebration of Chicago's Mexican community on of the largest in the US.
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis 29 min ago
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 36 min ago
- NIU hazing death case in court 33 min ago
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4 17 min ago
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mount Baldy to remain closed this summer
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan 1 min ago
- Ex-booster club president pleads guilty to theft
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike 45 min ago
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed
- 'Ice Road Truckers' driver charged with kidnapping prostitute
- 1888 shipwreck pictures in SF Bay released
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos