Mexican independence celebrated in annual parade
September 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel served as Grand Marshal for this year's Mexican Independence Day Parade.
The parade featured floats, bands, dancers and colorful costumes.
The annual parade has been held downtown since 1969 to remember the country's war for independence.
It's also a celebration of Chicago's Mexican community on of the largest in the US.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home