Christopher Vaughn murder trial defense lawyers rest case
September 18, 2012 (JOLIET, Ill.) (WLS) -- Closing arguments in Christopher Vaughn's murder trial are scheduled to begin on Thursday.
In court Tuesday, Vaughn announced that he will not testify. The defense has rested its case.
Vaughn is accused of killing his wife and three children in 2007. He claims his wife shot him and their children before committing suicide.
Also in court Tuesday, a blood stain expert testified that his analysis of what happened did not match up with Vaughn's story.
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- Video: Tonight @ 10 PM: Extreme Bridal Makeovers
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Schaumburg couple survived Oklahoma tornado 36 min ago
- Roseland Hospital to lay off 68
- Old Orchard Mall shooting 'not a random act'
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos