Christopher Vaughn murder trial defense lawyers rest case
September 18, 2012 (JOLIET, Ill.) (WLS) -- Closing arguments in Christopher Vaughn's murder trial are scheduled to begin on Thursday.
In court Tuesday, Vaughn announced that he will not testify. The defense has rested its case.
Vaughn is accused of killing his wife and three children in 2007. He claims his wife shot him and their children before committing suicide.
Also in court Tuesday, a blood stain expert testified that his analysis of what happened did not match up with Vaughn's story.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash 41 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple... 21 min ago
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77