Christopher Vaughn murder trial defense lawyers rest case
September 18, 2012 (JOLIET, Ill.) (WLS) -- Closing arguments in Christopher Vaughn's murder trial are scheduled to begin on Thursday.
In court Tuesday, Vaughn announced that he will not testify. The defense has rested its case.
Vaughn is accused of killing his wife and three children in 2007. He claims his wife shot him and their children before committing suicide.
Also in court Tuesday, a blood stain expert testified that his analysis of what happened did not match up with Vaughn's story.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run 49 min ago
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage 34 min ago
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos