Christopher Vaughn murder trial defense lawyers rest case
September 18, 2012 (JOLIET, Ill.) (WLS) -- Closing arguments in Christopher Vaughn's murder trial are scheduled to begin on Thursday.
In court Tuesday, Vaughn announced that he will not testify. The defense has rested its case.
Vaughn is accused of killing his wife and three children in 2007. He claims his wife shot him and their children before committing suicide.
Also in court Tuesday, a blood stain expert testified that his analysis of what happened did not match up with Vaughn's story.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates