Fright Fest icon Tiny the Spider 'dead' at Great America
September 18, 2012 (GURNEE, Ill.) (WLS) -- On Monday, Six flags Great America in Gurnee released an ''obituary'' for Tiny the Spider, the amusement park's inflatable icon for its annual Halloween Fright Fest event.
Tiny the Spider, 21, was found deflated and unresponsive at Great America Monday, a news release said.
"Determined that Tiny simply could not hold on any longer, she perished beside the American Eagle roller coaster after attempting her 22nd annual march to her post alongside the toll way," the obituary said.
"Tiny will be missed by the staff and guests alike. She is survived by her three babies that will remain on the American Eagle as tribute to their mother," the news release said.
Tiny will be "laid to rest" on Six Flags grounds, the news release said. A remembrance service is planned for Saturday, September 29.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups 44 min ago
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos