Bishop Trotter 'crucifies' granddaughter to protest teachers strike
September 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A group of South Side ministers says the Chicago teachers strike is "crucifying our children." Chicago Bishop Larry Trotter used his own granddaughter in a mock crucifixion Tuesday.
- VIDEO: Bishop 'crucifies' granddaughter to protest teachers strike
- PHOTOS: Chicago public school teachers on strike
Some men held the girl up -- she was not dangling from the cross.
Trotter says that, just like the biblical crucifixion of Jesus Christ, three nails are being driven into the lives of Chicago's children: one by the teachers union, one by Mayor Rahm Emanuel, the other by the board of education.
Trotter's church is one of the safe havens being used by children during the strike. He says volunteers there are becoming weary, parents are angry and children are losing hope.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting 26 min ago
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home