Bishop Trotter 'crucifies' granddaughter to protest teachers strike
September 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A group of South Side ministers says the Chicago teachers strike is "crucifying our children." Chicago Bishop Larry Trotter used his own granddaughter in a mock crucifixion Tuesday.
- VIDEO: Bishop 'crucifies' granddaughter to protest teachers strike
- PHOTOS: Chicago public school teachers on strike
Some men held the girl up -- she was not dangling from the cross.
Trotter says that, just like the biblical crucifixion of Jesus Christ, three nails are being driven into the lives of Chicago's children: one by the teachers union, one by Mayor Rahm Emanuel, the other by the board of education.
Trotter's church is one of the safe havens being used by children during the strike. He says volunteers there are becoming weary, parents are angry and children are losing hope.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run 42 min ago
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage 27 min ago
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos