Rich Township HS coach fired for writing sex book
September 19, 2012 (OLYMPIA FIELDS, Ill.) (WLS) -- A suburban Chicago high school girls basketball coach has lost his job for writing a self-published book that includes graphic sexual content.
The Rich Township High School District 227 board on Tuesday unanimously voted to dismiss Bryan Craig, who was also a guidance counselor at the Olympia Fields school.
In a statement, board president Betty Owens said Craig's conduct in writing the book "fell far short of our expectations."
In a telephone interview after the board's action, Craig said he "assumed" the board would take the action.
In the book's forward, Craig says his intention is to give women a guide to gaining the "upper hand in a relationship" because he is tired of hearing them complain. The book, titled "It's Her Fault," contains graphic details on his observations of the female anatomy.
Craig has been employed as a guidance counselor at Rich Central High School since 2004.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 59 min ago
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Tonsil surgery tragedy judge orders life support for girl, 13 50 min ago
- Nigeria mass wedding marries 1,111 couples\ 36 min ago
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos