Family of man who died from factory acid files lawsuit
September 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The family of a man who died in a workplace accident is filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
Carlos Centeno Sr. was cleaning a tank with citric acid at the Raani Corporation in Bedford Park. A solution erupted from the top of the tank and he suffered chemical burns over 80 percent of his body. His family says Centeno's manager delayed treatment by more than 30 minutes. He died three weeks later.
"He was in pain and nobody did nothing to help him. And after that he had to suffer in the hospital, too," said Carlos Centeno Jr., victim's son.
The family's lawyer says the Raani Corporation has a history of OSHA violations.
ABC7 was not able to reach the company for comment.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand