Family of man who died from factory acid files lawsuit
September 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The family of a man who died in a workplace accident is filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
Carlos Centeno Sr. was cleaning a tank with citric acid at the Raani Corporation in Bedford Park. A solution erupted from the top of the tank and he suffered chemical burns over 80 percent of his body. His family says Centeno's manager delayed treatment by more than 30 minutes. He died three weeks later.
"He was in pain and nobody did nothing to help him. And after that he had to suffer in the hospital, too," said Carlos Centeno Jr., victim's son.
The family's lawyer says the Raani Corporation has a history of OSHA violations.
ABC7 was not able to reach the company for comment.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...