Family of man who died from factory acid files lawsuit
September 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The family of a man who died in a workplace accident is filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
Carlos Centeno Sr. was cleaning a tank with citric acid at the Raani Corporation in Bedford Park. A solution erupted from the top of the tank and he suffered chemical burns over 80 percent of his body. His family says Centeno's manager delayed treatment by more than 30 minutes. He died three weeks later.
"He was in pain and nobody did nothing to help him. And after that he had to suffer in the hospital, too," said Carlos Centeno Jr., victim's son.
The family's lawyer says the Raani Corporation has a history of OSHA violations.
ABC7 was not able to reach the company for comment.
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos