Union says teachers will vote Oct. 2 on new contract
September 20, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Teachers Union says teachers will vote October 2nd on the new contract.
Ballots should arrive in schools by Friday, September 28th.
Union rules mean any new contract must be approved within 10 business days of the suspension of the strike, which was last Tuesday.
- CPS school closings begin 55 min ago
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park 2 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 25 min ago
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos