Miss Illinois helps raise ovarian cancer awareness
September 21, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Miss Illinois was in Chicago Friday night helping raise awareness of ovarian cancer.
Ashley Hooks' mother was diagnosed with the disease just a month prior to her winning the crown last year.
She was the special guest for the Teal Lights Celebration and fundraiser at the Willis Tower.
ABC7's Stacy Baca was there as well serving as the emcee of the event.
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Cook County sheriff provides free child ID kits
- Some construction suspended over holiday weekend
- Couple implicated in boy's death enter plea
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old 5 min ago
- 7 in :77