Bridge raising season begins Saturday
September 21, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Get ready for traffic hang-ups around downtown with the beginning of fall and the end of boating season.
Bridges along the Chicago River will be raised to let boats through starting Saturday at nine a.m.
They'll be raised every Saturday at 9 a.m., and Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. until November 14.
And the popular ramp from Michigan Avenue on to Lake Shore Drive at Oak Street will be closed this fall.
Work crews will repair the road surface and walls around the ramp for about six weeks, starting October 1.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year