Mexican Film Festival opens with gala
September 23, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An opening night gala in Logan Square Sunday night celebrated Hispanic films in Chicago, and throughout North and South America.
The Mexican Film Festival of the Americas features film exhibitions, theatrical performances, and educational events at multiple venues around Chicago.
The festival aims to support and cultivate all aspects of Mexican cinema, and runs through Thursday.
- Fans subdued after Blackhawks lose Game 3
- Mysterious substance closes Indiana beaches
- Danny Green, Manu Ginobili lead Spurs to Game 5 win over Heat
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bruins beat Hawks 2-0, take series lead 2-1
- Mother convicted of killing son exonerated
- Man tried to sexually assault girl, 14, at gunpoint: Police
- Bill Daley proposes plan to end pension deadlock
- Chicago violence kills 8; 46 shot over weekend
- Ex-Chicago Ald. Medrano convicted in bribery case
- Cops: Man crawled through window, abused girl
- Evanston man accused of stealing, selling, re-stealing car
- Chief Keef pleads guilty to speeding, faces 2nd paternity suit
- abcnews: NSA Leaker Alleges US Spied on Allies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos