Officer shoots man with tire iron in Austin area, police say
September 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police shot a man who allegedly threatened an officer with a tire iron.
According to police, four officers approached a group of people in an alley in the 200-block of North Lockwood early Monday when two people took off running.
Police say one the suspects pulled out a tire iron and threatened an officer. The officer shot the man in the arm.
No police officers were hurt. Two of the four suspects escaped.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Flight delays, cancellations at O'Hare, Midway
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood 50 min ago
- How much money will be saved by school closures?
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- Lombard man charged with threatening Glenbard East H.S.
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos