Officer shoots man with tire iron in Austin area, police say
September 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police shot a man who allegedly threatened an officer with a tire iron.
According to police, four officers approached a group of people in an alley in the 200-block of North Lockwood early Monday when two people took off running.
Police say one the suspects pulled out a tire iron and threatened an officer. The officer shot the man in the arm.
No police officers were hurt. Two of the four suspects escaped.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie residents 46 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 44 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 34 min ago
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security 16 min ago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
44 min ago