Officer shoots man with tire iron in Austin area, police say
September 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police shot a man who allegedly threatened an officer with a tire iron.
According to police, four officers approached a group of people in an alley in the 200-block of North Lockwood early Monday when two people took off running.
Police say one the suspects pulled out a tire iron and threatened an officer. The officer shot the man in the arm.
No police officers were hurt. Two of the four suspects escaped.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 9 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 47 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- ABC7 To Go: 3-7-14
59 min ago