Officer shoots man with tire iron in Austin area, police say
September 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police shot a man who allegedly threatened an officer with a tire iron.
According to police, four officers approached a group of people in an alley in the 200-block of North Lockwood early Monday when two people took off running.
Police say one the suspects pulled out a tire iron and threatened an officer. The officer shot the man in the arm.
No police officers were hurt. Two of the four suspects escaped.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire 7 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett 52 min ago
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Carl Sandburg H.S. 'soft lockdown' lifted after arrests 42 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 21 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing 52 min ago
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former... 15 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
17 min ago
- Chicago street repaving begins
43 min ago
- Microbead ban? Group says they impact...
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos