Chicago man allegedly tried to murder Cook Co. prosecutor
September 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 21-year-old man is charged with attempting to murder a Cook County prosecutor.
Edgar Diaz is expected in bond court later Monday. He is accused of attacking a male victim -- who turns out to also be a prosecutor -- who was trying to prevent two apparently gay men from being attacked.
Diaz, a resident of Chicago, faces an attempted murder charge and two counts of aggravated battery. The incident happened earlier in September in the 100-block of West Diversey on Chicago's North Side.
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos