Lake in the Hills man Edward Bachner VI sentenced to 7.5 years in puffer fish toxin case
September 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Lake in the Hills man who illegally obtained Puffer fish toxin through the mail was given a seven-and-a-half-year prison sentence.
Prosecutors say Edward Bachner VI, 39, intended to use the toxin to poison his wife. Rebecca Bachner was in court at Monday's sentencing.
Bachner blamed the incident on what he called "personal demons" that have plagued him since he was picked on as a child.
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Woman killed, 4 critically injured in Far South Side crash 8 min ago
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails 38 min ago
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos