Aurora girl, 4, saves mother with 911 call
September 26, 2012 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 4-year-old Aurora girl is being credited with knowing what to do when her mother became sick and needed medical attention.
ABC7 was there Wednesday as the little girl met the 911 operator who helped her.
Emergency dispatch operator Jill Schmidt says 4-year-old Livia Jensen kept her cool and gave her all of the information she needed. Wednesday, Livia met the operator who answered her call for help.
It is a rare meeting: 911 dispatchers in Aurora take hundreds of calls a day. They usually don't meet those callers.
On Sunday, Jill Schmidt took a call from 4-year-old Livia:
"We need you to come to our house because my mommy can't speak," Livia told Schmidt.
Livia knew to call 911 because her mother taught her last year about it last year.
Mother Diana Jensen had collapsed with a severe lupus episode and was unable to speak.
"Tell mommy help is on the way," Schmidt said to Livia. "You did a very good job, Livia."
As Schmidt dispatched emergency crews to the house, the 4-year-old stayed on the phone to help Schmidt assess the situation.
"Her head hurts, because she's showing me what hurts," Livia said to the dispatcher.
Wednesday, the Aurora Police Department organized the meeting between Jensen and Livia -- and Livia's mother.
"I knew she was amazing, you know, to me she already was, so none of it surprised me at all," said Diana Jensen.
"She was outstanding," Schmidt said.
Little Livia didn't have much to say about the incident Wednesday.
But, when it was important, the 4-year-old said all the right things.
local, leah hope
- Officials try to ID body near missing woman's home 2 min ago
- Will County workers reach strike-ending deal
- Mega Millions jackpot up to $291 million 47 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Ventra progress report shows major improvement
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- Meningitis at other universities puts NU on alert
- Chicago Dearborn bike lane rated best in America
- Official shaves 40-year-old mustache for cancer awareness
- Cyber Safety Tips During the Holidays
- Chicago boasts nation's best doughnut in web ranking
- SW Side teen recants story about alley sex assault
- William Cellini to be released from prison
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen
- 7 in :77
- Officials try to ID body near missing...
2 min ago