Whooping cough cases surpass last year's total in Lake County
September 28, 2012 (WAUKEGAN, Ill.) (WLS) -- The number of whooping cough cases in Lake County so far this year has surpassed 2011 total for the full year, the county health department reported Friday.
- RELATED: Whooping cough vaccine loses effectiveness too fast
- HEALTHBEAT REPORT: The Return of Whooping Cough
At 178, this is the highest number of cases reported since 1959, according to the Lake County Health Department.
The health department is encouraging adolescents and adults to receive the DTaP booster for additional protection against this illness.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking