Lake Shore Drive viaduct repair creates detours
September 30, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Get ready for another Lake Shore Drive construction detour as work begins Monday morning that will close the on-ramp to northbound Lake Shore Drive at Michigan Avenue and Oak Street.
The Chicago Department of Transportation says the on-ramp will close for six weeks.
Crews will repair a nearly 50-year-old viaduct there.
The almost $2 million project is set to last until mid-November.
Drivers will have to take the inner drive north to LaSalle where they can get on Lake Shore Drive.
The Chicago Transit Authority says several express buses that enter Lake Shore Drive northbound at Oak Street will also be affected until November 16.
Northbound #143, 144, 145, 146, 147 and 148 buses will operate via Michigan, Inner Lake Shore Drive, and LaSalle Drive, then resume their normal route on Lake Shore Drive.
Buses will operate nonstop along Inner Lake Shore Drive between Oak and LaSalle Drive. Southbound buses are not affected.
Find more information at http://www.transitchicago.com/travel_information/alert_detail.aspx?AlertId=15793
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 12 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty 4 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online 45 min ago
- CTA Green Line service halted, officials say 59 min ago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan 29 min ago
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea 40 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
4 min ago
- NLEI's Construct Program
10 min ago