Memorial service honors lost firefighters
September 30, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Firefighters who have given their lives were honored Sunday at Rosehill Cemetery.
The annual memorial service pays tribute to the 15 fire brigade members buried at Rosehill.
A 35-foot marble memorial honors them.
Fire department aerial ladders raised an American flag above the monument.
It's the largest monument of its kind in the country dedicated to fire department personnel.
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour 47 min ago
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot