Pumpkins weigh off in Homer Glen
September 30, 2012 (HOMER GLEN, Ill.) (WLS) -- Giant pumpkins were on display in the southwest suburb of Homer Glen on Sunday as part of the third annual Pumpkin Weigh-Off.
Growers from states across the Midwest pitted their giant gourds against one another.
Heavy machinery had to be used to place these monstrous pumpkins onto scales.
First place, and $5,000, went to grower Ken Sweet.
His pumpkin weighed more than 1,400 pounds.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus 26 min ago