Burbank school locked down after shots fired blocks away
October 2, 2012 (BURBANK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Liberty Junior High School in southwest suburban Burbank was locked down Tuesday after gunfire was reported several blocks away.
Officials say the lockdown was a precautionary measure and parents were asked to pick up their children from the school.
The shots were exchanged between a group of people on the sidewalk and a passing vehicle. No details have been released. Officials are investigating.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson 13 min ago
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- ABC7 To Go, December 12, 2013
38 min ago