North Shore, Prairie Grove teachers negotiating contracts
October 3, 2012 (WLS) -- There are two local school districts facing teacher contract situations.
In North Shore School District 112, officials and the teachers union are working with a federal mediator to negotiate the next contract. The next session is Thursday.
And in northwest suburban McHenry County, Prairie Grove Consolidated District 46 teachers have taken a strike authorization vote, but a strike date has not been set. Their next meeting with a federal mediator is next Thursday.
Chicago Public Schools teachers are currently voting on a new contract following a strike, while southwest suburban Evergreen Park teachers went on strike Tuesday.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 45 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 13 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security 49 min ago
- Indiana soldier among 6 dead in Afghanistan crash
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
48 min ago
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
45 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
13 min ago