Burglars used obituaries to find victims, police say
October 3, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- McHenry County police officials say a northwest suburban couple arrested on burglary charges found their victims in the local obituary.
Jason Werner and Jacquelyn Buchholz would read local obituaries, according to police, and then break into people's houses when they went to their families' funerals or wakes.
The two have confessed to several burglaries in McHenry County.
Police say that they could face even more charges.
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash 49 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 10 min ago
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 51 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits 4 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos