Evergreen Park school board, teachers resume talks
October 3, 2012 (EVERGREEN PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Contract talks to end the two-day teachers strike in Evergreen Park were under way late Wednesday night.
A new round of negotiations started at five o'clock Wednesday afternoon. The first bargaining session since the strike began did not go well.
The school board appears to be playing hardball, suggesting students will make up strike days with subs.
A statement released Wednesday said, "this board does not intend to reward striking employees who harm the students, their parents and our community."
"To go ahead and say teachers can't make it up, you'll bring somebody else in, that isn't right," said Ray Richter, Evergreen Park parent.
local, ben bradley
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant