Evergreen Park school board, teachers resume talks
October 3, 2012 (EVERGREEN PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Contract talks to end the two-day teachers strike in Evergreen Park were under way late Wednesday night.
A new round of negotiations started at five o'clock Wednesday afternoon. The first bargaining session since the strike began did not go well.
The school board appears to be playing hardball, suggesting students will make up strike days with subs.
A statement released Wednesday said, "this board does not intend to reward striking employees who harm the students, their parents and our community."
"To go ahead and say teachers can't make it up, you'll bring somebody else in, that isn't right," said Ray Richter, Evergreen Park parent.
local, ben bradley
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds