Evergreen Park school board, teachers resume talks
October 3, 2012 (EVERGREEN PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Contract talks to end the two-day teachers strike in Evergreen Park were under way late Wednesday night.
A new round of negotiations started at five o'clock Wednesday afternoon. The first bargaining session since the strike began did not go well.
The school board appears to be playing hardball, suggesting students will make up strike days with subs.
A statement released Wednesday said, "this board does not intend to reward striking employees who harm the students, their parents and our community."
"To go ahead and say teachers can't make it up, you'll bring somebody else in, that isn't right," said Ray Richter, Evergreen Park parent.
local, ben bradley
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates