Burbank Newlywed Murder: Bride-slaying suspect's Maserati found in Chicago
October 4, 2012 (BURBANK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Burbank police say they have located the 2006 black Maserati belonging to a man accused of killing his bride just hours after their wedding.
Burbank Police Capt. Joseph Ford says the car was found during the arrest of the suspect's brother at his Chicago home during a drug trafficking investigation.
Burbank police suspected evidence from the murder would be found in the Maserati.
"It's a major part of the investigation, especially in terms of physical evidence," said Capt. Ford. "All the holes are being patched and we'll feel more confident once he's arrested."
There's a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of Arnoldo Jimenez, who married Estrella Carrera on May 11 in Chicago. He's accused of stabbing her to death hours later in her suburban Chicago apartment. Her body was found still clad in the silver cocktail dress she wore to celebrate their wedding. Jimenez has not been since since the wedding.
On Thursday, federal agents served a warrant on Mozart Street in Chicago. Humberto Jimenez was arrested there as part of a DEA investigation. Humberto is Arnoldo's brother.
The car was found last week in the garage at the brother's home. It's been moved to the Burbank Police Department for analysis.
local, leah hope
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 59 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago 59 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be 'breakthrough year' for US 2 min ago
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Woman falls on CTA tracks, rescued by bystanders
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing
- Horse escapes, gallops down Old Town streets
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Free pizza Friday at new Lakeview restaurant
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
59 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos