Burbank Newlywed Murder: Bride-slaying suspect's Maserati found in Chicago
October 4, 2012 (BURBANK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Burbank police say they have located the 2006 black Maserati belonging to a man accused of killing his bride just hours after their wedding.
Burbank Police Capt. Joseph Ford says the car was found during the arrest of the suspect's brother at his Chicago home during a drug trafficking investigation.
Burbank police suspected evidence from the murder would be found in the Maserati.
"It's a major part of the investigation, especially in terms of physical evidence," said Capt. Ford. "All the holes are being patched and we'll feel more confident once he's arrested."
There's a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of Arnoldo Jimenez, who married Estrella Carrera on May 11 in Chicago. He's accused of stabbing her to death hours later in her suburban Chicago apartment. Her body was found still clad in the silver cocktail dress she wore to celebrate their wedding. Jimenez has not been since since the wedding.
On Thursday, federal agents served a warrant on Mozart Street in Chicago. Humberto Jimenez was arrested there as part of a DEA investigation. Humberto is Arnoldo's brother.
The car was found last week in the garage at the brother's home. It's been moved to the Burbank Police Department for analysis.
local, leah hope
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 54 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 25 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 45 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
54 min ago