Chicago food trucks locations: City Council considers 23 more spots around city
October 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Food trucks in Chicago may soon get more locations; the Chicago City Council is reviewing 23 additional spots from which Chicago food trucks could operate.
The spots are in higher-density neighborhoods and will be in addition to the places where food trucks are already allowed to park.
- The proposed mobile food truck stands are:
- 3627 N. Southport;
- 3420 and 3241 N. Lincoln;
- 817 W. Belmont;
- 2934 N. Broadway;
- 1005 W. Wrightwood;
- 1030 W. Fullerton;
- 2156 N. Stockton Drive;
- 1262 and 1218 N. Milwaukee;
- 2135 W. Division;
- 1155 N. Oakley;
- 219 and 1615 W. Chicago;
- 149 N. Ashland;
- 831 N. Wells;
- 33 and 930 N. LaSalle;
- 450 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive;
- 828 N. Larrabee;
- 30 E. Lake;
- 125 S. Clark
- and 437 S. Columbus.
Food trucks are also allowed to park in legal, metered spaces that are at least 200 feet from a brick-and-mortar restaurant. They can stay in those spots for two hours.
Earlier this year, an ordinance was passed that allows food truck operators to cook "food to order" inside their trucks.
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights standoff 5 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance, goes before judges 45 min ago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River mouth
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 29 min ago
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch 15 min ago
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
- Admitted Chicago terrorist's 'hate mail'
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Affluenza defense nets Ethan Couch probation for...
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
29 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington...
5 min ago