Chicago food trucks locations: City Council considers 23 more spots around city
October 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Food trucks in Chicago may soon get more locations; the Chicago City Council is reviewing 23 additional spots from which Chicago food trucks could operate.
The spots are in higher-density neighborhoods and will be in addition to the places where food trucks are already allowed to park.
- The proposed mobile food truck stands are:
- 3627 N. Southport;
- 3420 and 3241 N. Lincoln;
- 817 W. Belmont;
- 2934 N. Broadway;
- 1005 W. Wrightwood;
- 1030 W. Fullerton;
- 2156 N. Stockton Drive;
- 1262 and 1218 N. Milwaukee;
- 2135 W. Division;
- 1155 N. Oakley;
- 219 and 1615 W. Chicago;
- 149 N. Ashland;
- 831 N. Wells;
- 33 and 930 N. LaSalle;
- 450 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive;
- 828 N. Larrabee;
- 30 E. Lake;
- 125 S. Clark
- and 437 S. Columbus.
Food trucks are also allowed to park in legal, metered spaces that are at least 200 feet from a brick-and-mortar restaurant. They can stay in those spots for two hours.
Earlier this year, an ordinance was passed that allows food truck operators to cook "food to order" inside their trucks.
- Oklahoma tornado kills 51, death toll expected to rise, M.E. says 28 min ago
- Detroit Red Wings beat Chicago Blackhawks 3-1
- I-Team: Expanded gambling in Illinois 24 min ago
- 1st weekday of Red Line Reconstruction
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Shooting outside Planned Parenthood in Merrillville, Indiana
- 'Pollen tsunami' in Chicago, allergist says
- Pit bull attacks 9-year-old boy on South Side
- 87-year-old accusing Trump says, 'Somebody had to stand up to...
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs...
- I-Team: Expanded gambling in Illinois
24 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado kills 51, death toll...
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos