Chicago food trucks locations: City Council considers 23 more spots around city
October 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Food trucks in Chicago may soon get more locations; the Chicago City Council is reviewing 23 additional spots from which Chicago food trucks could operate.
The spots are in higher-density neighborhoods and will be in addition to the places where food trucks are already allowed to park.
- The proposed mobile food truck stands are:
- 3627 N. Southport;
- 3420 and 3241 N. Lincoln;
- 817 W. Belmont;
- 2934 N. Broadway;
- 1005 W. Wrightwood;
- 1030 W. Fullerton;
- 2156 N. Stockton Drive;
- 1262 and 1218 N. Milwaukee;
- 2135 W. Division;
- 1155 N. Oakley;
- 219 and 1615 W. Chicago;
- 149 N. Ashland;
- 831 N. Wells;
- 33 and 930 N. LaSalle;
- 450 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive;
- 828 N. Larrabee;
- 30 E. Lake;
- 125 S. Clark
- and 437 S. Columbus.
Food trucks are also allowed to park in legal, metered spaces that are at least 200 feet from a brick-and-mortar restaurant. They can stay in those spots for two hours.
Earlier this year, an ordinance was passed that allows food truck operators to cook "food to order" inside their trucks.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 4 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to... 13 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77