Mother: Round Lake Middle School student strip-searched to prove he had no drugs
October 4, 2012 (ROUND LAKE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A mother is suing the Round Lake School District because she says that her 13-year-old son was strip-searched on school property.
The lawsuit claims that her son was taken out of class on April 20 at Round Lake Middle School, and the principal and the assistant principal forced him to strip naked to prove that he didn't have any marijuana.
No drugs were found on the student.
The principal and the assistant principal are also named in the suit.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party 33 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead 46 min ago
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross 32 min ago
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds 49 min ago
- Newsviews - Tom Cross
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos