Mother: Round Lake Middle School student strip-searched to prove he had no drugs
October 4, 2012 (ROUND LAKE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A mother is suing the Round Lake School District because she says that her 13-year-old son was strip-searched on school property.
The lawsuit claims that her son was taken out of class on April 20 at Round Lake Middle School, and the principal and the assistant principal forced him to strip naked to prove that he didn't have any marijuana.
No drugs were found on the student.
The principal and the assistant principal are also named in the suit.
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 24 min ago
- Woman falls on CTA tracks, rescued by bystanders
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 40 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago 2 min ago
- Bank robbery suspect tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 15 min ago
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Free pizza Friday at new Lakeview restaurant
- Bubonic plague claims 32 lives in Madagascar 24 min ago
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
40 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
24 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos