Mother: Round Lake Middle School student strip-searched to prove he had no drugs
October 4, 2012 (ROUND LAKE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A mother is suing the Round Lake School District because she says that her 13-year-old son was strip-searched on school property.
The lawsuit claims that her son was taken out of class on April 20 at Round Lake Middle School, and the principal and the assistant principal forced him to strip naked to prove that he didn't have any marijuana.
No drugs were found on the student.
The principal and the assistant principal are also named in the suit.
- Suspects break into Trump, parachute off building 53 min ago
- Boy, 13, seriously injured in Aurora hit-and-run 1 min ago
- A Game 7 with more on the line than an NBA title 49 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in OT, tie series
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Boy, 13, seriously injured in Aurora...
1 min ago