Funeral to be held for teen shot on South Side
October 5, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A funeral will be held Friday for a 17-year-old who was gunned down last week on the city's South Side.
DeJuan Jackson was killed while walking to his grandmother's home in the Oakland neighborhood.
He was with a group of people when someone in a passing car opened fire. A 14-year-old has been charged with his murder.
Investigators say Jackson had no criminal record or gang affiliation.
His family says he dreamt of becoming a lawyer.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap