Funeral to be held for teen shot on South Side
October 5, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A funeral will be held Friday for a 17-year-old who was gunned down last week on the city's South Side.
DeJuan Jackson was killed while walking to his grandmother's home in the Oakland neighborhood.
He was with a group of people when someone in a passing car opened fire. A 14-year-old has been charged with his murder.
Investigators say Jackson had no criminal record or gang affiliation.
His family says he dreamt of becoming a lawyer.
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus