Funeral to be held for teen shot on South Side
October 5, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A funeral will be held Friday for a 17-year-old who was gunned down last week on the city's South Side.
DeJuan Jackson was killed while walking to his grandmother's home in the Oakland neighborhood.
He was with a group of people when someone in a passing car opened fire. A 14-year-old has been charged with his murder.
Investigators say Jackson had no criminal record or gang affiliation.
His family says he dreamt of becoming a lawyer.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake